Wednesday, December 8, 2010

La Neige!!



Mes amis! L'hiver est ici dans la ville de Paris!

I'm currently sitting in my room, watching the snow swirl around, sipping on my hot chocolate. And I have Christmas music playing in the background. It's like a dream!

But this morning was anything but. Our class had a walking tour... at 8:30 in the morning... for 3 hours... in the cold... and it was semi sleeting, then hailing.

MISERABLE.

But as soon as I got to cours pratiques, the snow started. That was probably between 12:30 and 1. It's 15 minutes until 4, and it's still snowing. It's keeps going in and out of heaviness, and I'm hoping it stops because tomorrow I want to take more pictures. I think we will definitely get a few inches. Isn't that insane? Sorry New England, but Paris wins so far with snow this season. We've had days of flurries and such, but today is a real snowstorm. 

Suffice to say, I'm skipping phonetics class tonight. Because while the snow is lovely, walking through snow and slush... without my snow boats... is quite vexing. 

But please enjoy the photos! The last one is the view from outside my window. 



2 comments:

  1. great photos, Ben. tres belle
    Suzanne Delle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so beautiful!!! Enjoy your last days, my friend. It's not easy to come home!!! But I will take you for a nice French dinner if you like and we can reminisce... I'll let you talk all you want, promise!!!

    ReplyDelete