Friday, November 26, 2010

Le jour de l'action de grace et la neige

Bonsoir tout le monde!


I already feel like this weekend will be wonderful. It definitely has to do with Thanksgiving last night, which was wonderful to say the least.

A group of us from my fashion class went to this little establishment where we enjoyed a few glasses from sangria before dinner. I think that made everyone feel better, and make the overall mood of the dinner all the more jolly. In fact, I think everyone at the dinner was a little slap happy, so it made for a fun evening.

Dinner was at this little restaurant close to St. Michel. I sat at a wonderful table, and here we go, our menu! I've rated each part out of 4 stars.

Drinks:
Kir
Beaujolais nouveau


Entree:
Pumpkin soup ***

Plat principal:
Turkey in a mushroom cream sauce with vegetables *** 1/2

Dessert:
Little apple tart with a crumb topping and ice cream with a chocolate syrup drizzle ****

Surprised by how the stars went? I didn't think so. But what I found so special about this meal, besides the company, was saying grace for my table. Everyone was fine, even enthusiastic for a blessing, so I felt very touched to lead everyone.

Alexia, Danica and Jane did a wonderful job coordinating this. I had to send them a thank you note for a wonderful and memorable night. I skyped with the family after, and overall, this was a kick ass Thanksgiving.

In other news, IT SNOWED IN PARIS TODAY!!! I was walking along the Luxembourg Gardens with my Salve friend Colleen and her friend Katie. I stop dead in my tracks:

"Did I just see a snowflake?"

Then lo, the heavens opened and the snow just POURED right in! I caught my first snowflake of the season in the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, France.

How lucky am I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment