Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pisa & Wrap-Up

Sunday

Sunday morning we dragged ourselves out of bed to go to Pisa, where we would fly out that afternoon. I was so sad leaving our wonderful Florentine home with views of the city. I really didn't want to leave.

Pisa we saw the Leaning Tower, which was neat, but... I guess I was expecting it to be taller. And after a few shots, I just felt, "It's a leaning tower of white marble. Amazing?" Besides that, Pisa seemed a bit tough. But in any case, we had a delicious lunch, and then made our way to the airport.

Our flight back was much quieter, seeing as this time we were flying with more French people and little Italians. We got in on time, and I was home before 9 that night.

Final Thoughts

It still hasn't hit me that a week ago today we were gathering at the RyanAir bus station to take us to the airport. This trip was one of the most relaxed and happy days I've had here. To say that I enjoyed Florence is doing the city a disservice. I LOVED Florence, and I want to go back so badly. I missed on a few sights, but I'd go back to see the same sights again and again.

I'm so thankful I was able to see so much, and so grateful to Jenny's family for opening up their home to us. Florence came and went so quickly, just like a dream.

But don't you worry Florence, I shall return. Grazie mille. 

No comments:

Post a Comment