Saturday, November 20, 2010

Here we go

For the record: I'm sitting here watching Wizard People and sort of working on my paper.

Who doesn't want to spend their Saturday night like this?

Alright, so this week was fairly quiet. Monday, after coming back from Florence, felt like "Welcome back to Paris, the city that never stops and you better be ready!" It really was quite a shock going back from the slow-paced living of Tuscany to the pace of Paris. But after Monday things got better.

Thursday night me and some of the AIFS peeps went to a Chopin concert at the church of St. Julien de Pauvre. One of the oldest churches in Paris, it claims to be the oldest, but St. Germain des Pres challenges that. I vote for St. Germain since I presented on it.

But the concert was wonderful. The church is tiny, and as the pianist entered the lights dimmed, and except for two spotlights, we were surrounded by the glow of candles. The music was wonderful, quite a few times I was touched. Her final piece of the night was some Mozart, but she made it jazzy which was fun to hear.

Friday Mandi, Kirstie, our new acquaintance Ashley and I went to The Moose, this awesome Canadian bar close to school. When I saw the sign for it (in English), I was so excited! My meal of the night? A mojito and mozzarella sticks. It's been FOREVER since I've had mozzarella sticks, it was quite nostalgic. Plus, they were showing recaps of football games, as in American football. I didn't want to leave!

Today I actually felt like a student. Why? Well, I have a paper due in a few weeks for my architecture class...which is in French. So Kirstie, Mandi and I met to work on them. Thank God we got things started. We took a lunch break in between at a very classy establishment.

McDonald's. Now don't judge, this was the one on the Champs-Elysees. It was the nicest McDonald's I've ever been to. And all the people who eat there are thin. No joke.

Tomorrow is more work, and then it's back to fun this upcoming week. Orangerie on Monday, potential Christmas market on Tuesday, HP hopefully Wednesday, Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, and hopefully more fun on Friday. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment