Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Everyone deserves the chance to fly

I just had to title this entry from Wicked. How could I not? I've received some absolutely wonderful news in the past few weeks. Two graduate schools want me, one wants me so bad I've been awarded a merit scholarship for full tuition. Mon Dieu indeed!!

And all of this comes on the eve of my flight!

Thursday I journey to Boston, then to London, and then finally to Paris. With my little red book, I'll navigate my way back to le vingtieme arrondissement and be welcomed by my host family.

As a friend said, this week I'm leaving graduate school, Salve, student loans, and stress all behind me. I am in for a week of escape, of inspiration, and of nostalgia. I shall feast on roasted chicken, macarons, and baguettes. I shall be surrounded by the actual buildings that inspired the mansions of Newport. I go from the little pond of Salve to the immense ocean of Paris, and I am ready for that feeling.

I am venturing back to a place that taught me about who I am, and I am eager to continue the journey.

Paris, je suis prêt!: Paris, I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment