Thursday, March 15, 2012

Eating McDo, don't hate

As I sit here, eating my McDo (it's just so much better in Europe), I can't believe I fly out Saturday afternoon. Where did the time go, my God?

So yesterday, let me try to remember. Right!

I started off going to Les arts decoratifs, which focuses on interior decoration, design, etc. I went to this museum a few times with my fashion class and I remember the exhibits we saw were amazing. (It chronicled a history of fashion and the pieces displayed were jaw-dropping.)

Needless to say, LAD dropped my jaw again. Seriously folks, this place is turning into one of those "must do in Paris" sites. I personally feel it gets overlooked since it's connected to the Louvre. Okay, 2 points to the Louvre. And I think when people hear interior design, it does not sound as egalitarian. For example, everyone can admire the Mona Lisa, it's damn-well considered a masterpiece from people all over the world. Not everyone can perhaps understand interiors or jewelry design, mainly because (and I think many Americans are this way), we don't want to research. Sure a room looks pretty. You can watch HGTV and say, "Oh I like that!" But I don't think many people are willing to go further and investigate.

Okay, that's over. (This will be a 2 part post)

The exhibit was on Louis Vuitton & Marc Jacobs. It focused on each man individually, not so much comparing them but what each did for the brand. LV started it and put it on the map; Marc Jacobs revamped it and really helped it take off for our time. First off, the old fashioned trunks of Louis Vuitton's time were GORGEOUS, I want a trunk. Secondly, Marc Jacobs is American. Clearly I'm dumb, because I had no idea. I always thought he was British. But he's one of us! Rock on America! Thirdly, I really loved the pieces they displayed for what MJ has done at LV. Fourthly, Marc Jacobs, have you seen the guy? Damn, he's 48 and looks fantastic. Your genetic secrets Mr. Jacobs, please. And fifthly, (fifthly?), I couldn't get a commemorative booklet, because the one they had was 55 Euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment