Sunday, September 12, 2010

Londres: Deuxieme partie

I'm on a roll people, so let's hit it.

Saturday had a nice little breakfast before our sightseeing tour. Our immensely funny Scottish tour guide was wonderful. We saw Harrods, St. Paul's, Trafalgar Square. Oh, and I answered 4 of his questions correct in regards to British history!

We were then dropped off at Covent Gardens, which reminded me a lot of Quincy Market & Faneuil Hall. A few of us decided to head back to Buckingham Palace to tour the State Rooms.

I was dying. Just imagine me, standing in the Throne Room inches from Elizabeth II's throne. The gardens were wonderful too.

Later in the day I went to Westminster Cathedral, the mother church of the Catholic community in the UK. I wanted to go to Mass to pay my respects and honor the victims of 9/11. This church is so different; the facade is all red stone, the architecture Neo-Byzantine, so a definite change from English Gothic. The music was beautiful; you could smell the gentle aroma of incense, and the priest gave a prayer for the victims of 9/11 as well. I was so touched, I thanked him at the end of Mass. He then proceeded to ask me about the crazy Florida pastor.

Go America.

Dinner was some delicious cheap sushi. Then got up this morning at 3:30 to get in the lobby. Checked out, hopped on a plane, and after a bus ride, I've arrived in Cannes.

Well, time to settle in and hopefully get some pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment