Saturday, September 25, 2010

Au revoir Cannes; bonjour Paris

Well, I've safely settled in Paris, but that'll have to wait.

Leaving Cannes earlier today was bittersweet. I was thrilled to move on to the city where I'll be taking classes and learning about the culture. And I was excited to get out of dorm living. But yet, I'll miss the routine; the beautiful villa that was the campus, and the fact that I was a five minute walk from the Mediterranean.

Honestly, it was like the French Riviera version of Salve. Beautiful old mansion by the water with a wonderful campus. But I think Cannes, France beats out Newport any day.

Cannes reminded me a lot of Newport and Newburyport. Being by an ocean definitely felt like home, although, Paris too is along the Seine, and Newburyport along the Merrimack.

Lucky? Blest? I don't know, but I can't wait to write about Paris tomorrow. Get ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment